Project Management Office
The following material is developed by the Sath PMO Office.
- Ensure Projects Complete on Scope, Schedule, and Time.
- Ensure Project Management Process is followed for all processes.
- Status Reporting on every project
- Update the project management process to reflect the way the projects are executed.
- Ensure Resources are reporting progress.
- Progress reported in Project management is meaning full.
- Report to Management
- Projects that are not following the process and why, and solution.
- People that are following the process and should be commended
- Follow up with people who are not following the processes to identify gaps and training needs.
- A weekly report of teams' timesheet from the Time tracking system.
Key Performance Indicators
The success of a PMO is measured by the following
- # of Projects that are on Scope, Schedule, and Budget.
- # of People reporting their time and status of work.
- Identifying methods of improving the above two score
Report 1: PMO Status Report
This report is for stakeholders to get a high-level view of the health of projects currently being executed.
Period: Week of Nov 26th, 2012
A project that is not following process and why?
(Example) ACS - AIM - project opened without the knowledge or Change Control
People Following Processes
List of people who have planned time, reported time, and good meaningful comments
(Example) Person 1
(Example) Person 2
People who need training/improvement
List of people who need improvement and what
(Example) PErson 1 - no planning time, no-log time
(Example) Person 2 - not all time planned and logged
(Example) Person 3 - comments in logged hours not useful
Projects that are following process 2/3
People who are following process 5/20
Report 2: Project Status Report
This report is for Project Managers, Leads, Clients to document and communicate the health and progress of the project