This guide will provide instructions on how to use the upgrade script.
The upgrade.sh script can be found (idhub-docker-<version>/ location) inside the downloaded packages. This will help the end-user upgrade the latest download package, from a previously installed package.
NOTE: Your immediate installed version, must be up and running without issues.
The up-gradation process will involve following checklists to be followed:
- Installing prerequisites
- Procuring the upgrade.sh script
- General information before proceeding for up-gradation
- Executing the script
Detailed steps for above are provided below:
Step 1: Installing prerequisites
In order to properly execute upgrade.sh file, a few dependencies will need to be installed:
- PostgresSql Client
- Mongodb client
Mongo Tools will provide us an easy way to backup and restore mongo db data and configurations.
Execute the below command to install mongo-tools:
sudo apt-get install mongo-tools
Execute the below command to install postgresSql clients:
apt install postgresql-client-common
sudo apt-get install postgresql-client
Execute the below command to install mongodb-clients:
sudo apt-get mongodb-clients
Step 2: Procuring the upgrade.sh script
Before proceeding to upgrade script, a few aspects need to be considered before moving ahead. It is presumed that:
- You have already downloaded the latest IDHub version which you would like to upgrade
- You had untar/unzipped the package (or untar using "tar zxvf idhub-docker-<version>.tar.gz")
- You kept the latest downloaded IDHub version under "/apps/" directory of your server
The upgrade.sh script is located below, idhub-docker<version>, which can be downloaded from here:
Step 3: General Information before proceeding Up-Gradation
Below are the steps involved in the up-gradation process:
- Backing up data and configurations
- Cleaning all previous IDHub related Images, volumes etc.
- Starting up the new IDHub version
- Restoring data from previous IDHub version
Step 4: Executing the Script
Execute the below command to run the upgrade process:
The IDHub upgrade process is an incremental version upgrade.